- 1kg cherry tomatoes
- 2 onions
- about 20 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- coriander seeds
- a little honey
- olive oil
- 50g of butter
- 5 carrots
- 1 litre of chicken or veggie stock
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- double cream yoghurt
- Roughly chop the onions, and lay them on a baking tray with the tomatoes and about half the garlic cloves. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed coriander seeds, a little honey and olive oil.
- Roast in the oven at 180C for about half an hour. Turn the oven off and leave them to cool down with the oven.
- Roughly chop the carrots, fry them in the butter, and when they’re starting to soften add the stock and about half the roasted tomatoes. Cook until the carrots are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the rest of the tomatoes, keeping a few aside as a garnish if you like.
- Add the coriander leaves, and blitz to a smooth soup with a hand blender.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a couple of roasted tomatoes and a sprinkling of coriander leaves. YUM!