- 4 large pizza bases of your choice
- 1 cup of cubed butternut
- 1 cup of cubed beetroot
- 2 or 3 brown mushrooms
- 100g of streaky bacon
- 200ml tomato paste
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 a red onion
- 50g chevin goats cheese
- 50g peanut brittle, or try this pumpkin seed brittle recipe
- balsamic reduction
- a few handfuls of fresh rocket
First, prepare your toppings:
- Toss the butternut and beetroot in a little olive oil and roast at 200C for about 15 mins, then turn the oven temperature down to 150C and continue to roast slowly for about an hour. Keep them separate if possible so that the butternut doesn’t turn purple! Set aside to cool.
- Chop the bacon strips into small pieces and fry until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the mushrooms and fry over a high heat in the bacon pan. Set aside to cool.
Next, assemble your pizzas:
- Spread the tomato paste over the bases, and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly across all 4.
- Evenly distribute the roast veggies, mushrooms and bacon across the 4 pizzas, finishing off with red onion and finally chevin.
- Bake at 180C for about 10 minutes each, or until starting to brown.
- To finish off, sprinkle crushed peanut brittle over the pizzas, drizzle with balsamic reduction and top off with rocket.